Friday, September 19, 2014

Tutorial - How to Make a Hot and Cold Pillowcase

http://craftystaci.com/2014/09/08/hot-and-cold-pillowcase/
Pillowcase with a cold side and a hot side, perfect for transitional fall weather

Tutorial at Crafty Staci Blog

"I love Oregon, but I find this time of year a little frustrating.  Don’t get me wrong, there are things I love about fall, like apples, pumpkins and boots.  Oh, the boots.  But the inconsistency in the temperature drives me a little nuts.  One minute I’m freezing, the next I’m roasting.  When you live here, you learn to dress in layers.  But nighttime is a little harder to solve.  This project was made to help a friend in the hospital who wanted something soft by his face, but I think I’ve found an easy solution to my freezer/oven problem.  This is a basic pillowcase, but the secret is using woven cotton fabric on one side and super-soft Minky, or other soft fleece, on the other.  If you’re too warm, flip it to the cotton side for instant cooling.  If you’re trying to warm up, the fleece is the side you want".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment